Thursday 13 May 2010

A graduate on his first PR job...

Okay,

So I've always wanted to write a blog. Ever since seeing Julie and Julia I have felt inspired: 'I could write a blog... I have thoughts'.

Cliché as it may seem, but nevertheless I want to share my experiences with whoever is out there on my journey in the PR industry.

Technically my first job was a week's work experience at a small PR agency in Bristol, England. I then went on to do my Masters in Marketing Communications, which for all the American's out there I am almost at the point where I can say ABD (All but dissertation).

I start my new position on 24th May 2010, exactly 2 days after my final exam. I have been appointed as 'Social Media and PR intern'. I can't wait... I just wish I could knock off the 'intern' part there!

Twitter, Facebook and the blogosphere fascinate me; hence the reason I am blogging about it. It will be my diary, and to share experiences on how Social Media is used: the good points and the bad points.

You may be thinking: this has already been done. But I want to add a 'fresh meat' to the industry approach.

This is just me introducing myself. I can't wait to start on May 24th and embarking on this journey and sharing it.


1 comment:

  1. "What is it you really like to do?!"

    Good way of getting yourself out there, make yourself known and advertise where you can! :D

    ReplyDelete